Painting Dynamic Animal Portraits
Learn the painting techniques of renowned Santa Fe animal artist Linda St.Clair. Discover how Linda uses color temperature, as well as lost and found edges, to create exciting animal paintings that capture emotion. Learn what to leave out and what to put in. Each day will include artist demos and lots of one-on-one attention. All levels of experience are welcome, from beginner to advanced. Linda tries to reach everyone, wherever they are in the painting process. Paint in oils or acrylics.
Linda St. Clair Supply List
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cad Red Light
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- Sap Green
- Cad Yellow Light
- Transparent Orange (Gamblin)
- Transparent Oxide Red(Rembrandt)
- Titanium White
- Any brand of paint will work unless noted.
- Turpenoid or odorless turpentine and a container for it.
- anything you are comfortable with, but be sure and have some larger ones. I use filberts.
- At least six 11 x 14 or larger canvases or panels.
- Paper palettes are fine.
- Lots of paper towels (Viva I find works best).
- Photos of your own to work from.