This oil painting workshop will focus on how to use color temperature and lost and found edges to create paintings of animals with emotion. During Painting Animals with Emotion workshop you’ll discover what to leave out and what to put into your painting. The artist will do a demo for students each day before they begin painting. All levels of experience are welcome, from beginners to more advanced students – Linda tries to reach everyone wherever they are in the painting process. Artists are encouraged to bring their own photographs as a reference for their desired subjects.
- Oil Paints (any brand of paint will work unless noted)
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cad Red Light
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- Sap Green
- Cad Yellow Light
- Transparent Orange (Gamblin)
- Transparent Oxide Red (Rembrandt)
- Maxima White (made by the Artisan here in Santa Fe)
- Turpenoid or odorless turpentine and a container for it.
- Brushes (anything you are comfortable with) but be sure and have some larger ones. I use filberts.
- 11 x 14 canvas, panels or Ampersand – students choice
- Palette (Paper palettes are fine.)
- Artisan provides easels
- Lots of paper towels (Viva works best)
- Photos of your own to work from.
Cost: $300 + tax (Bring your own materials)
Date: March 30 – 31st, 2018
Contact: Artisan Santa Fe at (505) 954-4179
Location: Artisan Santa Fe, 2601 Cerrillos Rd., Santa Fe, NM 87505
Maximum Students: 12
Register online at Artisan Santa Fe
No Refunds after March 26th • 10% Discount on Art Supplies after Registration